Friday 3rd August
East London and the Visitor Economy
Evening: Brass Roots followed by DJ Squeaky. Doors 7pm with show after 8pm.
Overview of the day
Hackney is the real heart of London; where the historic East End meets the Olympic future, right on the edge of the City.
Learn about the borough’s rich heritage; art galleries; bustling markets; lively nightlife; cutting edge music scene; culture, culture and more culture; boutique shops; global food; quality hotels and family-friendly attractions. All this and so much more in one of London’s smallest pockets, which also boasts the most open space of any London borough.
Destination Hackney: East London and the Visitor Economy will showcase everything Hackney has to offer the corporate and leisure visitor:
- Celebrate the launch of Destination Hackney, the borough’s destination-marketing website.
- Learn about existing and new luxury hotels soon to open in Hackney – Nobu, CitizenM, Firmdale, Montcalm, Pocket Hotels, Boundary and Hoxton Hotel.
- Taste the high-quality food offered by some of the borough’s best restaurants and hotels – Mark Hix’s Tramshed and Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen, Dishoom and Brindisa.
- Sample the art and creativity of Hackney’s numerous studios and galleries
- Enjoy Hackney’s theatre from sensational alternative opera to the fun and tradition of British Panto with Dick Whittington’s Cat.
- Discover the history and heritage of Hackney from Tudor homes, 18th Century Almshouses, East End music halls and the award-winning museum charting change in the borough from Roman times to the current day.
- Experience the borough’s thriving markets, old and new.
- Explore Hackney by joining tours of the borough with local guides, with topics ranging from Hackney’s history to its street art.
- Relax in Hackney’s great outdoors.
Brass Roots / DJ Squeaky
Nine piece East London-based brassband, Brass Roots,
provide the evening entertainment. Dalston Superstore
Resident, DJ Sqeaky, brings us a night of remixes, re-edits
and mashups. Dancing shoes are a must tonight!